Leonardo Da Vinci
James Earl Jones
Talk Show Host
Michael J Fox
If a student in higher education qualifies for Disabled Students’ Allowance. You will need to have a DSA Needs Assessment to decide on the support you will need for your course.
Oxford Access Centre will support you with your application and carry out your Needs Assessment with a corresponding report that outlines the interview, equipment and support recommended for your course. This could include:
- Study and Mentoring support
- Hardware and Software
- Additional time in examinations
- Travel allowance
- Other specialist equipment and learning support
The fee charged by this centre for a DSA Needs Assessment:
Total fee: £600
These fees are paid by your funding body. You will not be charged personally for this assessment.
All information is highly confidential and will not be released without your consent.
You may be eligible if you are affected by the following:
- Mental Health
- Asperger Syndrome / ASD
- Visual or hearing impairment
- Scotopic Sensitivity
- Mobility difficulties
- Medical conditions
Your disability or medical condition may not be listed above. If you’re unsure, or have any questions about the process then please feel free to call, email or text us in confidence.
Tel: 01865 759600
What Oxford Access Centre need from you to carry out your assessment
In order for us to carry out a prompt and efficient DSA needs assessment. We will need:
- All requested documentation at least 3 working days before your assessment. This includes medical evidence from you, and a pre assessment form sent to you by us.
- To provide medical evidence for all of the conditions you would like to be assessed prior to assessment.
- To have received confirmation from your funding authority to cover the cost of the assessment.
- To provide all outstanding documentation following an assessment, as soon as possible, with the understanding that delays are likely to occur without necessary documents.
- When receiving your report, you notify us of any errors or omissions.
- To understand that we cannot guarantee any of the support or equipment recommended in your report, as your funding body will make the final decision.
Assessments can also be carried out at alternative locations to meet the needs of the student. Assessments appointments are also available, where appropriate, on Saturdays and evenings. Call us for more details or complete the live link box and we will contact you.
BACK TO TOP